Fri, Jan 1, 2016
- Clutch – Psychic Warfare
- Amorphis – Under the Red Cloud
- Trivium – Silence in the Snow
- Alkaloid – The Malkuth Grimoire
- Good Tiger – A Head Full of Moonlight
- Blind Guardian – Beyond the Red Door
- Pyogenesis – A Century in the Curse of Time
- Rivers of Nihil – Monarchy
- InAeona – Force Rise the Sun
- Barren Earth – On Lonely Towers
Wed, Jul 15, 2015
A long(-ish) time back Jesse Grosjean of HogBay Software created a wonderful little app called QuickCursor that let you open text from any application (or text field on a webpage) in your preferred text editor. Thanks to Apple’s sandboxing rules, QuickCursor stopped working, and I forgot about it.
Recently, TJ Louma at MacSories, Dr. Drang, and several others created replacements for QuickCursor using Keyboard Maestro.
Sat, Jul 4, 2015
On the first episode of Connected the hosts spend some time talking about their iPhone layouts. This led me to start thinking about how I had my iPhone organized.
I really like a lot of what CGP Grey brought up with how he had his iPhone organized and decided to use that as a jumping off point.
Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Insomnium - Shadows of the Dying Sun
- Clutch - Earth Rocker
- Allegaeon - Elements of the Infinite
- Amaranthe - Massive Addictive
- Lindsey Sterling - Shatter Me
- Babymetal - Babymetal
- Job for a Cowboy - Sun Eater
- Beyond Creation - Earthborn Evolution
- Fallujah - The Flesh Prevails
- Set and Setting - A Vivid Memory
Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Set & Setting - Equanimity
- Insomnium - Ephemeral EP
- The Ocean - Pelagial (Instrumental)
- Wolfheart - Winterborn
- Black Crown Initiate - Song of the Crippled Bull EP
- Soilwork - The Living Infinite
- Wintergatan - Wintergatan
- Russian Circles - Memorial
- Katatoinia - Dethroned & Uncrowned
- Soundtrack - Pacific Rim
Mon, Nov 18, 2013
About a week ago I picked up a shiny new iPad Air and since it’s been over a year since my initial post, I figured I’d update my list of apps and accessories.
Mon, Jan 21, 2013
I like Bandcamp.
I hunt for music on there all the time. I’ll somtimes spend evenings just wanding through their discover muscic feature and either bookmark bands to look at later or just buy some new music to listen to. I enjoy supporting independant artists and Bandcamp makes it easy to listen and buy from them.
This morning I was doing just such an exploration after having found Metal Bandcamp and going through their archives. I ended up with 14 different Bandcamp tabs open alone, not counting the half-dozen other tabs I had open for other reading. I was listening to music from one of the tabs in the background (specifically Temple - Steps of the Temple) and after finishing reading on another tab wanted to go back to it. I wasn’t sure which tab/band I was listening to and started to skim through my tabs when I noticed this:
When you start playing music Bandcamp edits the webpage’s title to add a little playing icon to it so you can easily find it later. That is a great little UI touch and the kind of polish in an application that reinforces the feeling of quality.
Fri, Nov 23, 2012
Over on Heavy Blog is Heavy they had a thread on Top 50 albums and encouraged their community to create their own Top 50 listing using a creative little site. I figured I would share what I put together for my own list.
Fri, Sep 21, 2012
So I’ve been having a problem with external drives continually ejecting over and over again immediately after mounting. After replacing a drive and still having the same damn problem I’ve finally figured out the problem. Spotlight. The problems were being caused by Spotlight’s indexing of the external drives. I don’t know why spotlight is causing the issue, but after excluding the external drive from Spotlight’s index, the problem stopped occurring. You can exclude the drive from Spotlight’s index by going to System Preferences → Spotlight → Privacy and click the + sign at the bottom and add your external drive (assuming it stays connected long enough for you to do so - it can be a timing game).